Do you struggle with regular workouts because you just don't know what to do? A lot of times, we, myself included, will over complicate this. We all know some "moves" but I have not found any real specific science that says that Move A should only be paired with Move B. Coming up with a good workout routine can be easy and hard at the same time. It is easy because there are hundreds of things we can do, hard because it is so overwhelming we don't know where to start.
I take a simple approach: It has to be different than last week, it has to include all muscle groups, and I have to be able to do it outside of a gym (home, traveling, etc)
Here is the circuit routine I have come up with for this week. Aim for doing this at least 3 days this week.
Full Body No Weights Workout
Complete 4 rounds of circuit 1, rest 1 minute and then complete 4 rounds of circuit 2. Do more or less depending on your fitness level.
Set your workout timer to perform the exercise for 50 seconds and rest for 10 seconds.
1. Squat Jumps - squat and jump up. Make it a more challenging by touching your hands to the floor when you squat.
2. Plank - on elbows or hands, use your knees if and when needed.
3. Box Jumps - if don't have a box, use a bottom stair step or some concrete blocks to jump on to. You just need something that you can jump up onto. Or, you can do a power jump on level ground.
1. Walking Plank - plank position on your hands, walk 2 steps to the right using hands and feet and then 2 steps back to the left.
2. Squat Jacks - these are just like regular jumping jacks but you do them with your knees bent in squat position.
3. Inch Worm - stand up with feet together and bend over and use your hands to walk out into a plank position and then walk yourself back in with your hands and stand back up.
If you find yourself wondering what you should do for a workout this week, give this workout a try. Aim for doing it 3 times this week, like a Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Try to do some kind activity of the off days, like jogging or walking.
What do you think of the workout? Will you be giving it a try?
Khyrunnessa Rabbani - I am perfectly imperfect! I am passionate about health and fitness but lack the bod and six pack to prove it! .Love your body and yourself and the rest will fall into place.