Part of loving your body from the inside out is being healthy mentally and emotionally.
It’s always a bummer when the person you’re dating or seeing doesn't reciprocate the way you’d like. It could simply be they are just not that into you because they cannot seem to make you a priority. And as easy as it sounds to say “see ya!” it can be much harder to actually do — especially when you feel like you’re having so much fun with them.
Nevertheless, don’t let yourself stick around simply because it feels fun. There is nothing fun about being with a partner who doesn't want to be with you in the same way.
Here are a few signs you may need to call it quits before it’s too late for your heart.
1. If they say they’re not ready for a relationship, don’t misinterpret this as something like, “…but I might be soon.” If they are not ready now, and you are, that is a problem. Why pay for cow when I get the milk for free??
2. They are charming and sweet, but completely disappear when big or special things like family events come up. If you find it happening once, and they claim they have a prior engagement, that’s one thing, but if it happens every time, think about moving on.
3. Does the other person do all the asking and you do all the "doing"? Is it a relationship or a dictatorship? One-sided relationships generally do not have happy endings for 2 people.
4. If you find yourself giving up the things you love and make you feel good to be with this person, then you’re in the wrong relationship. Your life should not suffer for a relationship. Having a significant other should enhance your life, not take away from it.
5. You keep breaking up for the same reason. They’re just not ready to commit, and you need to be conscious of that.
6. Excuses, excuses, excuses. There is one for everything - from why they didn’t text you back to why they can’t meet you. But, they never seem to have a good answer. Shady maybe??
7. There are lots of good looking people, but your partner shouldn’t be filling your ears with comments about them. If they are constantly telling you that someone is good looking or really their type, this should signal a HUGE red flag.
8. Insecurity. An insecure partner will try to belittle you as much as they can until you lack confidence in the way that they do. We don't enter relationships because we want to feel worse about ourselves. If you partner isn't building you up, they are most likely tearing you down.
Too often, good and kind hearted people are sucked into relationships that bleed them dry, leaving them broken and damaged. Asses your happiness and really understand if you are in a thriving PARTNERSHIP or something that passes the time.
Khyrunnessa Rabbani - I am perfectly imperfect! I am passionate about health and fitness but lack the bod and six pack to prove it! .Love your body and yourself and the rest will fall into place.